Application procedures and requirements are subject to change. Be sure to read through the instructions every time you apply for a visa, even if you have visited India previously. The application together with supporting documents and passport must be submitted at the Embassy in Kulosaari, Helsinki.
Applications must no longer be delivered to IGCS Oy, and visa fees must no longer be deposited to the IGCS Oy account!
To apply for the visa, you must fill in the online application form (see Visa Forms). Never pay the visa fee in connection with filling in the form for example by credit card! The Embassy receives visa payments only as bank transfers to the Embassy’s Finnish bank account.
When applying for Indian visa, please submit the following:
- application form duly filled in and printed, with two signatures and one colour photo 5 X 5 cm (see photo requirements)
- passport that is valid for at least six months from the submission of the application and that has at least two blank pages left
- tourist visas for 6 months or less/business visas for 12 months or less: receipt of the visa fee deposited to the Embassy bank account(see Visa Fees)
- other visa types: do not pay the visa fee beforehand! You will be informed of the correct fee once your application has been checked.
- required attachments (see Visa Types)
Processing begins only after we have received the payment and all necessary documents, so please check our website carefully to know which attachments are needed for which visa types. Applications and attachments are not returned to the applicant. If you need the original documents yourself, please be sure to attach only copies.
Processing times vary. During the peak season, from September to February, processing takes longer than at other times, and applying through post takes longer than applying at the Embassy counter. Applicants who are Finnish or Estonian by birth may apply for express handling. Express processing takes a day and a half: if you submit the application on a weekday at 9–12, you may collect your passport on the following weekday at 15–16.30. Express handling is only available for applications submitted at the Embassy counter.