Welcome to the passport services of the Embassy of India, Helsinki, Finland. Applications for Passport services are received at the Consular Section of the Embassy from 0900 hours to 1200 hours on all working days. Passports, after completion of the service requested, are delivered from 1500 to 1630 hours on the date indicated. Applications can also be sent by post but must be accompanied by a stamped (for registered post), self-addressed envelope.
Phasing out of non-machine readable passports
Indian citizens holding handwritten passports with pasted photos or passports with 20-year validity are considered to be in possession of non-Machine Readable Passports (non-MRPs). The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has set a deadline of 24th November 2015 for globally phasing out all non-MRPs.
Government of India has started issuing Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) since 2001 and all new Indian passports are ICAO-compliant MRP passports. Indian citizens holding handwritten passports as well as 20-year validity passports with validity beyond 24th November 2015 should apply for re-issue of passport and obtain MRP passports well before the deadline in order to avoid any inconvenience in obtaining foreign visa or problems in immigration.
Passport application form is an online form (‘Online Registration Form’ in left-hand navigation bar, NOT ‘Download Passport Application Form’; only the online form is accepted at the counter). It must be filled in online, then printed and signed. In the form you must select between four services: Fresh passports(baby's first passport), Re-issue of passport (when you already hold an Indian passport), New passport in lieu of lost/damaged passport, and Passport for children upto 15 years of age.
After you have printed out the form, you must answer some questions by hand. When you are finished with the form, gather the required supporting documents (please see list below for more information) and pay the requisite fee(s).
Applications can be submitted at the Embassy on weekdays at 0900‒1200: no appointment need be booked. After you have completed the form, the programme informs you that the application must be submitted at an appointed date and time, but this information can be ignored.
Fees for passport services are accepted only through bank transfer. The payment must be made beforehand unless otherwise instructed, and a receipt of the payment must be attached to the application. Please see the Embassy bank details below.
Embassy bank details:
Recipient: Embassy of India
Account number: FI96 2066 1800 0174 23
Message: full name of the applicant and the service applied for
Passport photo requirements
As per the International Civil Aviation Organisation’s (ICAO) specifications/guidelines for issue of Indian passport, the specification of passport photo should be as follows:
- The image should be 2 inches by 2 inches;
- The image must have adequate brightness and contrast;
- The skin tone should be natural. In case of over-exposure or under- exposure of the photo, the skin is either too dark or too light, photo will not be acceptable;
- It should show a close up of the head and (partial) shoulders;
- The image should be straight looking, centered with neutral expression;
- Face should be in sharp focus and clear with no ink marks/creases/lines;
- The face (from forehead edge to bottom of chin) should be 70% to 80% of the photo or one inch height;
- The eyes must be open and no hair obscuring the face;
- Prescription glasses if worn should be clear and thin framed and should not have flash reflection or obscure the eyes;
- Head coverings, hair, head-dress or facial ornaments should not obscure the face;
- The photo must have plain light background;
- There must be no other people or object in the photo;
- The lighting must be uniform with no shadows on the face or behind;
- Red eye photos are not allowed;
- No lines are allowed.
- New/Re-issue of passports
- Valid Passports
- Duplicate Passports
- Change in Appearance
- Change of name subsequent to marriage
- Passports for newborns
- Passports For Minors (< 15 Years)
- Miscellaneous Services
- Inclusion of Spouse’s Name
- Deletion of Spouse’s Name
- Change of Permanent Address
- Change of Name